Greene County Birth Records
About Birth Records in Ohio
There are two local sources for birth records prior to 1909.
- Greene County Records Center and Archives
- 140 E. Main St.
- Xenia, Ohio 45385
- Phone (937) 562-5366
- Fax (937) 562-5367
A searchable database of all Greene County Births is located on the Greene County Library's Greene Room section.
Mailing address for request of vital records after December 19, 1908 are located at the:
- International Genealogical Index (IGI) — North American database contains approximately 600 million names of deceased individuals. These names have been patron submitted or extracted from thousands of original documents. Be forewarned, though, that I have found much of the information on this database to be incorrect.
- Ancestry World Tree — Ancestry World Tree GEDCOM files are voluntarily submitted by Ancestry users.
- Rootsweb WorldConnect — GEDCOM Files are voluntarily submitted.
- Rootsweb Message Board — Good place to post inquiries or look for information from others.
Books and publications with Greene County Birth information
- Greene County, Ohio, births prior to 1869 by Arthur R. Kilner
- Registration and correction of births 1941-1962, by Ohio. Probate Court (Greene County) (Main Author), Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1968 and available through the LDS Library.
- Record of births 1869-1909, by Ohio. Probate Court (Greene County) (Main Author), Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1968 and available through the LDS Library.
- Records of Black and Mulatto persons, 1805-1844, by Greene County (Ohio). County Clerk Fairborn, Ohio: Filmed by Wright State University, [1900?]. Available at Wright State University Library or LDS Library.
This is a volunteer project. We depend upon feedback from our visitors. If you have information to share or have resources relating to Greene County, we would love to hear from you.