Greene County Church Records
Some of these churches may have had different names in the course of history, so this list may contain duplicates or the church may be listed here under a different name than you know. It is also not all inclusive.
- Middle Run Church was organized July 27, 1799. Xenia, Ohio.
Middle Run Baptist Church
1000 E. Church St.
Xenia OH 45385
- First Baptist Church of Xenia, Ohio, organized November 2, 1844.
- The Colored Baptist Church was organized March 15, 1867
- A Sketch of Early Primitive Baptist History in the State of Ohio
- Westminster Presbyterian Church was organized in 1841. Xenia, Ohio
- United Presbyterian Church of Xenia, organized in 1810.
- A Discourse Historic Of The Presbyterian Church Of Xenia Ohio Delivered August 20th, 1876 By Rev T. M. Hopkins Xenia, Ohio. Printed at the Nonpareil Job Office. 1876.
- History of the Reformed Presbyterian Church in America by W. Melancthon Glasgow Compiled and typeset by Nathaniel Pockras - Includes Ohio history and history and formation of the church in Xenia. These are .pdf documents.
Foreword Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Part 9 Part 10 Part 11 Part 12 Part 13 Part 14 Part 15 Part 16 Part 17
- Methodist Church of Xenia exact date of organization is unknown, but according to an old record Xenia appears on the list of appointments for Mad River Circuit, June 19, 1808. It is possible the organization took place around this time.
- Trinity Church of Xenia, organized from the Methodist Church of Xenia in 1864, Xenia, Ohio.
- Bowersville Methodist Episcopal Church was organized at Hanghey's school house, about 1845.
- German Reformed Church organized in 1843, Xenia, Ohio
- Christian (New Light) Church — This church was organized in 1835
- Jamestown Christian Church — Founded in 1833. The link is a field report on the progress of the church in Jamestown since it had been founded three years earlier.
- The Bowersville (Christian) Campbellite Church — organized in the Protestant Methodist Church at Bowersville, November 23, 1851
- 1400 historical dates of the town and city of Bath, and town of Georgetown, from 1604 to 1874.by Levi P. Lemont 1874
- Church-Related Manuscript Collections — Microfilm listing of various church records available at the Center for Archival Collections, 5th Floor, Jerome Library, BGSU, Bowling Green, OH 43403. Although they do not have microfilm for Greene County, some of the surrounding counties are listed.
- Churches Manuscript Collections at WSU Special Collections & Archives
- Church Records Held at the LDS Libraries.
- Quarterly meeting records, 1808-1947 Society of Friends. Miami Quarterly Meeting (Warren and Greene Counties, Ohio : Orthodox)
- Quarterly meeting records, 1808-1981 Society of Friends. Miami Quarterly Meeting (Warren and Greene Counties, Ohio : Hicksite)
- Records, 1910-1943, Society of Friends. Xenia Monthly Meeting (Ohio)
- Church records, 1813-1929Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church (Xenia, Ohio)
- Church records, 1813-1929 Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church (Xenia, Ohio)
- Church records, 1813-1952 Sugar Creek United Presbyterian Church (Dayton, Ohio)
- Church records, 1814-1854 Associate Presbyterian Church (Xenia, Ohio)
- Church records, 1823-1859 Massie's Creek Reformed Presbyterian Church (Cedarville Township, Greene County, Ohio)
- Church records, 1949-1988 Society of Friends. Yellow Springs Monthly Meeting (Yellow Springs, Ohio)
- Church records, 1855-1990 First Presbyterian Church (Yellow Springs, Ohio)
- Church records of Beaver United Church of Christ, Beavercreek Twp. Greene County, Ohio : in 1824 the German Evangelic Lutheran, and German Union Church, Roe, Carleene Olds
This is a volunteer project. We depend upon feedback from our visitors. If you have information to share or have resources relating to Greene County, we would love to hear from you.